Gather & Tides Ltd
Terms & Conditions (updated September 2018)
1. AGREEMENT. This agreement constitutes an order for wedding photography services, including the taking of wedding pictures as agreed to by both parties–photographers ((Gillian and Tim Higgins) hereinafter known as the photographers), and the client. All photographs will be shot in digital format, and the provision to the client of images in digital form. Digital photos will be made available to the client via a private online gallery (for 6 months from the date of upload) and available for download. Wedding Photographs will be delivered as high resolution JPEG files.
2. COPYRIGHT and REPRODUCTION. It is understood that the photographers will own the copyright to all digital files and images and reserves the right to use them for advertising, display, social media or any other purpose thought proper and appropriate by the photographers, without prior permission from the client. Exemption can be made if requested in writing/email before the wedding. The client is permitted to share gallery details with friends and family, but not with other vendors/suppliers for their commercial use. Vendors requesting images from the event should be directed back to the photographers if they are requesting images to use to showcase or advertise their business.
3.PHOTOGRAPHIC MATERIALS. The Photographers will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to guests’ (or any other) flashes; or any other ruined photographs due to any other cause in or outside of the photographers control. Although utmost of care will be taken with digital files, the photographers limit any liability for loss, damage, injury, or failure to deliver pictures for any reason, to the return of payments made. The limit of liability for a partial loss of digital files shall be a prorated amount of the images lost based on the percentage of total number of digital files.
4. FAILURE TO PERFORM. In the unlikely event that one (or both) of the photographers are injured or becomes too ill to photograph the event, the photographers will make every effort to secure a suitable replacement photographer. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. If the client does not want the photographers to find a replacement, the contracting party may instead choose to receive a refund of any monies already paid.
5. CANCELLATION. The client may cancel the contract at any time by giving written notice to the photographers and in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. Cancellation less than 16 weeks before the wedding will result in the payment in full.
6. DEPOSIT. On payment of the £500 deposit, the photographers will reserve the date and times agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific date and time frame. For this reason, if the date is changed or if the client cancels the booking for any reason, all deposits are non-refundable.
7. PAYMENTS. The remaining balance is to be paid at least 2 weeks prior to the wedding date. No photography will take place and no rights are granted until timely payment is made in full.
8. CLIENT’S USAGE. The client hereby agrees to not alter, edit (including colour changes and effects) or distort any of the original images provided to them by the photographer, without prior permission from the photographers. Subject to this clause, the photographers hereby grant permission to the client to copy and print the photographs provided to them for their own personal purposes.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA. The Clients may share blog post links, Instagram posts, and Facebook albums through use of the share functions and dissemination of direct links or in any other fashion the photographer provides. Clients shall not copy, screenshot, or capture the photographs in any other fashion (Eg. ‘screenshots’ on Facebook/Instagram). Clients must credit/tag Gather & Tides in any posts or shares of their own.
10. LIMITATION OF COMPLAINT. Client will have seven (7) days after gallery delivery to make Gather and Tides aware of any issue, discrepancy, technical problem or any other complaint regarding photos, their quality and contents, or anything relating to wedding day coverage. After this seven (7) day term has expired, Gather and Tides will no longer be liable to the client for any corrections, damages, refunds, re-edits or re-shoots. Re-edits after this term may be made if deemed appropriate by the photographers, but the hourly fee of £75 for re-touching will be billed with a minimum one hour required.