Terms & Conditions (updated April 2014)
1. This agreement constitutes an order for wedding photography services, including the taking of wedding pictures as agreed to by both parties–photographers ((Gillian and Tim Higgins) hereinafter known as the photographers), and the client–and the provision to the client of images in digital form. It is understood nonetheless that the photographers will own the copyright to all digital files and images and reserves the right to use them for advertising, display or any other purpose thought proper by the photographers, without prior permission from the client. Exemption can be made if requested in writing before the wedding.
2. All images will be provided in digital form unless requested otherwise.
3. Although utmost of care will be taken with digital files, the photographers limit any liability for loss, damage, injury, or failure to deliver pictures for any reason, to the return of payments made. The limit of liability for a partial loss of digital files shall be a prorated amount of the images lost based on the percentage of total number of digital files.
4. In the unlikely event that one (or both) of the photographers are injured or becomes too ill to photograph the event, the photographers will make every effort to secure a suitable replacement photographer. If the situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. If the client does not want the photographers to find a replacement, the contracting party may instead choose to receive a refund of any monies already paid.
5. The client may cancel the contract at any time by giving written notice to the photographers and in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. Cancellation less than 12 weeks before the wedding will result in the payment in full.
6. On payment of the £500 deposit, the photographers will reserve the date and times agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific date and time frame. For this reason, if the date is changed or if the client cancels the booking for any reason, all deposits are non-refundable.
7. The remaining balance is to be paid at least 2 weeks prior to the wedding date. No photography will take place and no rights are granted until timely payment is made in full.
8. The client hereby agrees to not alter, edit (including colour changes and effects) or distort any of the original images provided to them by the photographer, without prior permission from the photographers. Subject to this clause, the photographers hereby grant permission to the client to copy and print the photographs provided to them for their own personal purposes.